Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will testify today to the Senate Foreign Relations and the House Foreign Affairs Committees about Benghazi (among other gravely serious foreign policy topics). Since Mrs. Clinton was at the center of the Benghazi catastrophe and its subsequent aftermath/cover-up, her answers today should be interesting, assuming she chooses to actually answer the questions posed to her.
What she says today matters. What matters is what happened in Benghazi, Libya on September 11 that resulted in the deaths of four Americans, including two Navy SEALS, a longtime foreign service officer, and the personal representative of the President of the United States, U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens.
Here are a few of the critical questions that REALLY matter, which I hope will be posed to her today:
1. As has been reported by Aaron Klein and others, the U.S. compound in Benghazi was NOT a consulate. It was a "mission" of some sort, and it looks increasingly likely that the CIA was running the show there. What was the CIA doing in Benghazi?
2. What were Stevens and the others doing at that CIA mission in the very dangerous town of Benghazi late into the evening?
3. Before he was killed that fateful night, Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods rescued scores of Americans from the compound. Who were they? What were they doing
4. Woods sprung into action to try to save the Ambassador and others despite being given the order to "stand down." Who gave the "stand down" order? Did Obama approve it?
5. Who repeatedly denied their requests for more security in the months and weeks leading up to the attack? And who denied their requests for help as they were under attack? Who was watching the attack unfold in real time back in Washington?
6. Who dreamt up the fiction that the attack was inspired by some obscure video? And who sent out top administration officials, including U.S. Ambassador to the UN, Susan Rice, CIA Director David Petraeus, and YOU, Secretary Clinton, among others, to spin and perpetuate the fiction---for weeks?
7. MOST IMPORTANTLY: What is this administration REALLY covering up?
A) Did this administration secretly sell or give weapons to al Qaeda and other Islamists operating under the "Libyan rebel" banner?
B) Was Stevens running a CIA operation to reacquire those weapons from al Qaeda for two purposes: 1) to prevent it from being known that the U.S. was
arming our mortal terrorist enemy, and 2) to transfer those weapons to the equally odious al Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood, and other Islamist "rebels" in Syria?
C) Jennifer Griffin of Fox News---who has done outstanding investigative work on this story---reported a few weeks ago that part of the CIA mission in Benghazi was actually a detention facility in which scores of prisoners were being kept from all across the Middle East and Africa. She reported that it was the "largest" such facility the CIA was operating. The CIA immediately issued a denial, saying that it has not operated such a detention facility since January 2009, when newly sworn-in President Obama signed an executive order outlawing such facilities. (See her story here:
Did Benghazi, in fact, house a terrorist prison?
D) If Griffin's reporting is correct and Benghazi WAS a detention facility, did Obama know about/sign off on it? Or was this a rogue CIA operation?
E) Griffin also reported that the prisoners held there were moved 2 weeks before the attack on September 11. Did you (and/or the CIA) get a sense an attack was coming to try to free the prisoners there?
F) In a public speech on October 26, Paula Broadwell stated that the Benghazi mission WAS, in fact, holding prisoners. How did she get that information? It seems to back up Griffin's reporting.
G) If it WERE, in fact, a detention facility, were interrogations occurring? If so, what was the nature of those interrogations?
This is just the starting point for the REAL questions that MUST be asked---and answered---by this administration.
This is about what was REALLY going on in Benghazi and what Team Obama is REALLY covering up. If Benghazi were a terrorist detention facility---and possibly engaging in enhanced interrogation techniques (EITs)---then Obama has quite the policy scandal on his hands. After all, Obama retained most of President Bush's counter-terrorism programs....with the exception of detention and EITs. Could it be that Obama and/or the CIA were still carrying out those policies?
This is just the beginning. The families of Chris Stevens, Glen Doherty, Tyrone Woods, and Sean Smith deserve the TRUTH....and so do we.
So today Hillary will speak....but will she answer anything?