Some thoughts on President Obama's speech to the nation last night on the debt crisis that he created:
1. He began by blaming President Bush (soooo 2008) on tax rates (which he extended) and the prescription drug benefit entitlement (which he supported). Cannot believe that he's STILL blaming Bush. Did someone forget to change his batteries? Are his speechwriters just too busy playing shirtless beer pong? Or is he really that petty in his obsession with throwing his predecessor down the stairs?
2. Says he: "I won't bore you with the details of every plan or proposal." Because HE has neither a plan nor a proposal.
3. He talks about spending cuts as if he actually intends to follow through on them. LOL. What a shameless liar.
4. STILL pushing tax hikes?? Spoken like a true deaf, dumb, and blind wealth redistributing ideologue. The ONLY person in Washington still gassing around about tax increases is Barack Obama.
5. He unloads on the Republicans when he has NO PLAN of his own. That's not presidential leadership. That's just playground finger-pointing.
6. STILL pounding "hedge fund" guys and "corporate jet owners?" Oh yes, because they're TOTALLY the root of the debt problem.
7. STILL lecturing us about how "millionaires and billionaires should pay their fair share?" Not only are they major job creators, but they already pay the VAST majority of federal income taxes. If he wants to talk about "fairness," why not discuss the 47% of Americans who pay NO federal income tax AT ALL and thus have no skin in the game? Fairness, my butt. Plus, according to Obama, you're a "millionaire" if you make $200,000 a year. Either he failed math or he's a raging radical Marxist.
8. Says he: "Raising the debt ceiling was routine." But he voted AGAINST doing so in 2007.
9. STOP using the word "default!" There will be no such thing if no deal is reached on or before the arbitrary date of August 2. The feds take in about $175 billion a month. Debt service is about $25 billion a month. I know he failed math, but gee whiz. Not only will there be no default, there will be plenty of dough to cover Social Security, Medicare, the military, and other essential services. Whenever he fearmongers by invoking "default," he's lying.
10. He refers to the "dangerous game" of the debt negotiations. But the true "dangerous game" has been his out of control spending and massive expansion of government that are wholly unsustainable and bankrupting America.
11. The class warfare BS is so anti-American as to be borderline treasonous.
12. Last week, he told us that he wasn't "even thinking about re-election." Set aside the nearly 40 fundraisers he has held/attended for his re-election over the past few months. Last night, he delivered a full-on campaign speech: political, partisan, and meant to persuade voters, not Congress. Not thinking about his re-election?? He really thinks we're stupid.
13. He refers to achieving "a more perfect union." Do you know what he ACTUALLY means by that? He means changing America into a socialist nation. That's what he means by "more perfect."
Read Number 13 again. That's not only the most important point to take away from his speech last night. It's the most important point about this psychotic Marxist's presidency, period.